It’s great to see black women on television showing the beauty of natural hair.
Women with tight coils and kinks are often treated negatively or ignored in the beauty world, even in the natural hair community. But Leatherwood, a stylist with more than 26 years, makes uplifting these women and their hair types a priority. Leatherwood ― who’s also styled Jill Scott, Yara Shahidi, Skai Jackson, Teyonna Parris, Yvonne Orji and more ― talked to HuffPost about her work with Rae and the importance of showing the versatility of natural hair with tighter coils on screen.
Felicia Leatherwood is the mastermind behind Issa Rae’s creative natural hair styles. Anyone who’s an avid viewer of “Insecure” has probably noticed that even though the main character, played by creator Issa Rae, is a hot mess trying to figure life out, her hair always slays. That’s thanks to […]
How Stop Natural Hair from Breakage and Shedding
Solution -Your hair is to dry without any elasticity. Reduce too much manipulation such as excessive combing, brushing, pulling. Also make sure you keep your hair well moisturized using the LOC method or LCO method. Drink lots of water. Sleep with a satin scarf or sleep on a satin pillow to protect hair
How to Treat Split Ends and Damaged Hair
Solution- Split ends cannot be repaired but can be prevented. First you need to trim those split ends. Then make sure your hair is always moisturized and seal your ends. Ends should be sealed with butters such as shea butter or oils such as coconut oil. Protecting your ends is the best way to treat split ends.
How to Detangle Natural Hair without Breakage
Solution- Use a wide tooth comb or fingers to detangle. Please do not rush through this process or it can lead to the above problems of split ends and hair breakage. Also make sure your hair is fully detangled before moving forward in your styling process.
Why do I Have So Many Single Strand Knots
Solution- The wash and go hair style has been known to cause single strand knots if your are noticing more knots when doing this hair style then this may be the cause. Trim knots and split ends. Use the LOC or LCO method to moisturize and seal ends. Also do a protective ever so often to give your ends a break.
Natural Hair Shedding Remedy
Solution- Hair shedding is normal in the hair growth process. How to know that it is not normal shedding is when you notice balding or thinning hair. First see your doctor to make sure that it is not health related. Hair sheds with there is to much stress and tension on the hair strand that may come from tight braids, ponytails, buns or other tight, pulling hairstyles. Try looser hairstyles to help stop hair shedding.
This is a question that people ask a lot how do i get rid of eczema on my face. I’m going to delve into the topic of eczema to help you find a solution. Well lets start with what is eczema? According to Medline Plus “Eczema is a term for several different types of skin swelling. Eczema is also called dermatitis. Most types cause dry, itchy skin and rashes on the face, inside the elbows and behind the knees, and on the hands and feet. Scratching the skin can cause it to turn red, and to swell and itch even more”
There are many factors that can bring on eczema rash on the face which may require some significant lifestyle changes.
- soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- dust mites, pets, pollen, mold, dandruff
- bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, viruses, certain fungi
- hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- stress it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- hormone- women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle
Good skin care is an important eczema treatment and natural skin care has shown to provide long lasting better result without the harmful toxic chemical treatments that some products provide. Products containing shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, Â vegetable glycerin (not to be mistaken for regular glycerin made from animal fats) lavender and geranium essential oils, vitamin e, aloe vera gel are a good option.
Lets’s go further in how these natural plant oils, butters and essential oils can help
Shea butter is an natural emollient that has shown to help soothe and relieve the symptoms of eczema Shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties and natural fats that are good for eczema on face.
Black Soap-the ashes contained in the black soap will reduce irritation and good for those with sensitive skin.
Coconut OilÂ properties include antimicrobial, anti-fungal, antioxidant and antibacterial which will reduce inflammation and soothe itchy flare upfrom an eczema rash.
VegetableÂ Glycerin– Eczema causes skin to be dry and irritated. Glycerin is good for attracting moisture which is beneficial in easing symptoms of eczema.
Jojoba oil-Has a high composition of ceramides which will aid in repairing damaged skin caused by eczema.
Aloe Vera Gel-Give moisture to the skin as well as attract moisture because it is a natural humectant that absorbs water. This will help with the dryness and tight feeling cause by eczema.
Lavender Oil- Eczema causes red and dry skin, lavender oil helps to heal the skin by improving the circulatory system to create faster healing. Lavender oil has antiseptic properties helps inflamed skin feel better. The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties kills germs that often lead to Eczema rash.
Geranium Oil- this oil also has antiseptic properties that can kill bacteria and germs as well as anti- inflammatory properties which will calm inflamed skin.
Vitamin E Oil (or capsules) this oil protects and restores and rejuvenate the skin due to its antioxidant properties.
The Egyptian Queen Cleopatra is known as the most stunning lady in the mankind’s history. For ages individuals had appreciated Cleopatra’s gorgeousness, her abilities, her physique and looks. In any case, you presumably realize that nobody can be as beautiful as her without knowing her secrets. She had the best beauty rituals that made her most beautiful woman in history. Cleopatra’s took milk baths with honey to give her stunning skin and after her baths she used a rose fragrance that hypnotized everyone.
One noted beauty treatment Cleopatra used is a face masked made of gold which she used to preserve her beauty and complexion. However I will be telling you about a beauty treatment that is easier to afford.
As I mentioned earlier Cleopatra took milk and honey bath which was her secret to beautiful skin. To create this bath you will need to mix a 1/2 cup of honey, 5 TBS of olive oil or almond oil and 3 cups of milk and add it to your bath water. Soak for a while and emerge with soft beautiful skin just like Cleopatra.
Did you realize that consistently you’re exposed to a great many poisons and chemicals? There are more than 10,000 synthetic chemical additives, some of them known or suspected cancer-causing agents, in cleansers, shampoos, salves, make-up and other individual care items.
A standout amongst the most hurtful chemicals that both men and ladies put on their bodies is antiperspirant.
When you consider it, it bodes well. Antiperspirant is an item that hinders your body’s common discharge of poisons. An antiperspirant and deodorant will obstruct your skin follicles with the goal that you’re not ready to sweat as much as your body should.
As well as hindering your body’s characteristic purging and detoxifying procedures, antiperspirants and deodorants likewise discharge huge amounts of unsafe chemicals into our bodies.
The following are possible unsafe chemicals that may be in your deodorant:
Simply take a gander at the rundown of chemicals in a normal antiperspirant or deodorant:
Aluminum is something in antiperspirants that really stops up your pores and counteracts sweating. Aluminum has been connected with the onset of Alzheimer and corrupts estrogen levels. When your body can’t handle estrogen legitimately, there’s a higher hazard for breast and prostate cancer
This substance is utilized a great deal in body care products today, however it is potentially a standout among the most destructive added chemical of all. Parabens can go about as estrogen in your body, which upsets hormones and has been connected to breast malignancy and prostate cancer.
These synthetic ingredients are the result of ethoxylation (chemical process to create surfactants), which at the same time creates cancer-causing agents and dioxanes.
The FDA has deemed triclosan a pesticide, yet it is in the dominant part of brand name antiperspirants and deodorants. It’s utilized to eliminate microscopic organisms in the assembling procedure, and also when it interacts with your skin. At the point when triclosan is joined with water it can likewise make a cancer-causing gas called chloroform.
- Propylene Glycol
Using this this compound everyday can harm your focal sensory system, heart and liver. It is also a skin irritant. Propylene glycol can be destructive at as little a rate as 2%, yet antiperspirants by and large have a high measurement of half propylene glycol
- TEA and DEA
Triethanolamine (TEA) and diethanolamine (DEA) are chemicals can leak under your skin and damage your liver and kidneys. Indeed, they’re harmful to the point that these two chemicals have as of now been banned from store shelves in Europe since they are known carcinogens.
- Artificial dyes
Some artificial dyes in antiperspirants can bring about allergic reactions and are likewise known carcinogens.
Deodorant Labels Can Be Deceptive
It’s disturbing to consider these poisons are utilized as a part of traditional antiperspirants and deodorants, yet many are named or promoted as “fresh” or “clean” scented. Much more dreadful, some alleged natural antiperspirants and deodorants contain these same chemicals as well.
Read the labels on your deodorants and antiperspirants before purchasing. You can also do your own research on the chemical ingredients listed in this article to further learn about the health risks and safety warnings.
There are not very many amazing items that we can sincerely say are cure-alls, yet coconut oil comes quite close. You can utilize it for everything from mending scars to saturating dry knees. As of late, all the discussion about depending on this oil for crisp breath made them think: What can’t coconut oil do? The answer: Plenty(and it took us a moment to think of that one). Famous people like Emma Stone consider it as a real part of their most loved treatments, and you ought to, as well. We simply listed some possible applications here, however there are tons more available, from fire starting to losing a couple pounds. So go to your nearby health store, get a jug, and permit this list to help you get some ideas about the use of coconut oil.
- Cosmetics Remover. Even the most safe waterproof mascara doesn’t stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it specifically to the face as an remover, or let it sit on your skin for a while. Cosmetics will soften away.
- Breath Freshener. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Rinsing for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil (a.k.a. oil pulling) eliminate microorganisms in the mouth, creating fresher breath, more white teeth, and healthier gums.
- Lice Remedy.Start this all-common lice treatment with a wash of apple juice vinegar. Once the vinegar has dried, apply coconut oil to the whole head and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours. Brush through hair with a fine brush, then cleanser.
- Body Lotion.If you’re a DIY mixologist, then coconut oil is a vanity key. You can utilize this flexible oil as the base to make your own body lotion.
- Fingernail skin Oil. Got split fingernail skin? Cure peeling skin with a coconut oil salve comfortable base of nails. It can likewise help your nail treatment last more.
- Cosmetics Brush Cleaner. Cleaning your cosmetics brushes ought to be a month to month custom. You can utilize a DIY chemical that is two sections antibacterial cleanser and one section coconut oil.
- Lip Balm. Coconut oil is the perfect solution for dried out lips particularly in light of the fact that it’s semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a small scale container and smooth over lips for the duration of the day.
- Stretch-Mark Cream .Expectant mothers ought to keep a jug of coconut oil on hand to avoid stretch marks, however anybody can utilize this as a topical treatment for scars. While the oil won’t take away scars but can prevents spots from darkening and blisters
- Undereye Cream.Don’t have any desire to spend the additional cash on eye cream? Utilize a touch of coconut oil on undereyes and reduce bags and wrinkles. It’s sufficiently light for the most sensitive skin all over.
- Body Scrub. Mix a large portion of a measure of coconut oil with a modest bunch of coarse salt or sugar to make an exfoliator. The saturating oil will keep going long after the grains have dissolved away.
- Frizz Tamer. Flyaways begone with this tamer treatment. Simply rub a dime-size sum on your ends and get a frizz free style that is high on sparkle.
- Knead Oil. Warm coconut oil in the microwave and include a couple drops of a essential oil, for example lavender or peppermint, for a relieving rub blend.
- Brightening Toothpaste. Run out of toothpaste? Snatch the nearest container of coconut oil and baking soda to prepare a quick all natural toothpaste. Everybody will think about how you got such a white grin.
- Shaving Cream. Who said shaving cream needs to foam? Utilize this emollient as a base to get a better shave that leaves legs smooth rather than dried out. You can likewise utilize only it or with different fixings .
- Dandruff Treatment.Dandruff and dry scalp go as one. So send dampness right to the roots with a daily coconut oil treatment. Simply apply delicately to roots and back rub in, which will likewise fortify hair development.
- Body Oil.Why buy a different body oil when you can keep coconut oil close to the shower? Simply slather it on wet skin after the shower, then pat dry. You’ll smell like a shoreline excursion throughout the day. Besides, it has a characteristic SPF 4.
- Tingle Relief. Burns, mosquito bites and wounds would all be able to be relieved with a topical salve of coconut oil.
- Profound Conditioner.You can utilize hot coconut oil as a preshampoo treatment to relieve dry hair before you cleanser and condition. Leave in for 60 minutes for an allover saturating treatment.
- Night Cream.Apply coconut oil around evening time for greatest saturating benefits. The cancer prevention agents are incredible for smoothing barely recognizable differences and wrinkles while you rest.
- Leave-in Conditioner.Hydrate dry hair by utilizing coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner. Apply a little to wet strands to seal in dampness.
- Deodorant.Yes, you can make your own particular common antiperspirant at home (and it works). Blend coconut oil with arrowroot powder, cornstarch, , and a scented oil for a DIY smell fix.
1. Greater Long Period Effects – A lot of the time commercial hair care products have damaging chemical in it that can damage your hair over time. You will notice this when you experience very dry brittle hair, irritated scalp and dandruff. Natural hair care products, in reference to several studies, have been proven to be a lot safer for long term use than the commercial alternative. Studies has further shown that chemically treated products show slower results than all natural products which show to be a lot safer after long term use. Studies have also proven that natural products results are more instantaneous results. So when using organic natural hair product our hair will be stronger and healthier in a lesser amount of time
2. Hair Fuel – The nourishment provided by natural hair care products is something that will definitely separate it from commercial products. The nutrition arises from organic components like vitamin E, fatty acids, rosemary essential oil, and almond oil. This is not to say that all commercial products don’t have these components. It’s that they frequently have additional artificial ingredients that stop their objective practically entirely.
If you’re looking for real result for your hair health and beauty then you need to switch to all natural hair care products. It may be a challenge at first if it’s what you’re not use to but you won’t regret it and your hair will thank you. If you wanted to lose weight you would have to change the way you eat so you will have to change what you use on your hair for better results.
3. The Health Element – This concept goes with the previous benefit of hair nourishment. When you use all natural products you reduce the risk of health problems in the future due to the chemical and artificial ingredients in your products. Especially those with sensitive skin and scalp as well as those with skin conditions such as eczema, alopecia, psoriasis, people with diabetes and even pregnant women should avoid products with chemicals in them. Natural products will not put you in the hospital because of a chemical reaction like commercial products can do.
4. Paraben Free – To extend shelf life many products on store shelves contain parabens. This is a synthetic compound that imitates your body’s hormones similar to birth control pills. The effects of this can change your body’s endocrine systems and how it operates. Further this can give you long and short term problems because the improper functioning of your body due to this synthetic. With natural products you don’t have to put your health at risk and avoid health problems in the future.
5. Healthier You Overall – If your using all natural skin products then you definitely want to include all natural hair products to cover all your bases. Your skin is one of biggest organs in your body and your scalp is a part of that right? Just like products soak through your skin on your body it can also go into your scalp affecting your inner organs.
So in short by avoiding chemically made commercial hair care products you will improve your health, avoid medical problems, your hair will get proper nourishment and you will get faster result for healthier hair
What is Shea Butter?
Shea Butter grows in the savannah of Western African it is extracted form the nuts of the Shea Tree also known as Butyrospermum parkii. The Shea tree is considered a sacred tree. The highest it can grow is 60 feet tall and blooms after it turns 20 years old and can survive up to 200 years old. The women of Africa are the ones that that harvest and extract the Shea butter from the Shea nuts. Shea butter acts as skin protect-ants from the sun for those women in hot Savannah Africa. For thousands of years people have been using Shea butter to protect their skin from wind and sun and drying out. Other benefits of using Shea butter are to treat skin issues (eczema, rashes, dermatitis) cuts and burns. Queen Nefertiti of Egypt who is known for her beauty says her beauty was because of her Shea Butter use. Nature’s Beauty Mix uses the purest and highest quality Shea Butter in Skin and Hair Products. Here are some benefits of using Shea Butter that help the skin.
Repairs fine lines and wrinkles
Collagen production (makes the skin stronger, suppler and younger)
Treatment for minor cuts and burns healing
Muscle pain relief
Physical stamina enhancer
Here are two studies showing the benefits of Shea Butter :
In a clinical study done by Frank Renard, Ph.D., Shea butter was found to have substantial anti-aging properties and was demonstrated to aid in reconstructing and restoring collagen. Participants in this experiment were provided Shea butter to apply to their skin as a cream to rub on their skin for four to eight months. The outcomes revealed clearer, brighter skin; fewer wrinkles; and also fewer sun damage.
A study published in a 2010 issue of the “Journal of Oleo Science” by Toshihiro Akihisa and colleagues found that Shea fat has significant anti-inflammatory properties.
A experiment printed in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology by the Department of Pharmacology at the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos determined that Shea butter is an pretty good nasal decongestant. Participators were given two to four applications of Shea butter in the nasal cavity, and within just 12 to 24 hours they showed no signs of inflammation, congestion or nasal damage.
Many individuals are worried about the growth of their hair. People get sad when they see that their hair isn’t growing. Poor hair health and texture cause hair to stop growing. This can happen to both men and women. When there is no new hair growing to replace hair that has split ends, thinning, and falling out at a quick pace then there is a serious problem with your hair and you need to do something about it. People who have these problems tend to spend a lot of money on products that end up not working and continue to buy and try other products that are not beneficial to their hair. Shea butter is one of the best ingredients to apply to the hair for a natural look. A lot of money has been wasted by women on commercial hair products that has done little to nothing for their hair. Shea butter should not be used alone but mixed with other products to help maximize it properties as the items available at Nature’s Beauty Mix.
People who use Shea butter should be concerned about what kind of Shea butter that they use. Processed and refined Shea butter should not be purchased because it will lessen the benefits. The shea butter used in Nature’s Beauty Mix products is all raw Shea butter. Some commercial products labeled with Shea butter in them have very little Shea butter in it and then wonder why they see very little or no effect from using these products.
Shea Butter when prepared appropriately can be the best thing for your scalp and hair. Some benefits of Shea butter are that it stimulates hair growth. It repairs and restores hair strands so that hair can grow healthier and faster. When used on a regular basis you will see the difference. People who have thinking hair and starting to go bald should apply Shea butter hair products on a daily basis, after one week they should see a difference. They will see their hair growing back thicker without split end and growing at a faster rate. So try one of the all-natural chemical free Shea Butter Nature’s Beauty Mix Products and end wasting money on products that don’t work.
Welcome to Nature’s Beauty Mix. This is my first post. Enjoy browsing my shop buy and try something. Guaranteed pleaser.